Peer Review Process
DNGCRJ adopts single blind peer review process. This means that the reviewers will know the identity of the authors but the identity of the reviewers remains anonymous to the authors. The following is the stepwise procedure of the peer review process adopted by DNGC Research Journal:
- The submitted manuscript is checked by the journal’s editorial office to ensure the files are complete and that the relevant metadata are in order. Then, the manuscript is assigned to an Academic Editor on the basis of their subject expertise.
- The Academic Editor performs an initial assessment before inviting a number of potential reviewers to provide a peer-review report. (The Academic Editor can reject a manuscript prior to review if not deemed suitable.) On the basis of the submitted reports from the potential reviewers, the Academic Editor makes one of the following recommendations:
- If the Academic Editor recommends “Reject”, the authors are sent any review reports that have been received and are notified that their manuscript will no longer be considered for publication in the journal.
- If the Academic Editor recommends “Major Revision”, the authors are notified to prepare and submit an updated version of their manuscript with the necessary changes suggested by the reviewers. This might require new data to be collected or a substantial revision of the text. The manuscript is then reassessed by one or more of the original reviewers before the Academic Editor makes a new recommendation.
- If the Academic Editor recommends “Minor Revision”, the authors are notified to prepare and submit a final copy of their manuscript with the required minor changes suggested by the reviewers. Once the Editor is satisfied with the final manuscript, optionally having sought further advice from one or more of the reviewers, the Academic Editor can recommend “Accept”.
- If the Academic Editor recommends “Accept”, the manuscript will undergo a final check by the journal’s editorial office in order to ensure that the manuscript and its review process adhere to the journal’s guidelines and policies. Once done, the authors will be notified of the manuscript’s acceptance.